Thursday, March 11, 2010

Someday the Pictures May Come....But Not Today

I have to figure out the camera soon. We are out of room on the memory cards and Ben really does have some awesome pictures of Turkey. In the meantime you get more of me rambling, mostly about food because I'm pregnant. At least that's my excuse for this year. Next year I'll be nursing and needing the nutrients. Today the food is Irish.

In the past we have always had a 'green' meal on St. Patty's Day but this year I wanted to go a little more traditional. I looked up the ever trusty allrecipes.com website where the featured cuisine in America is corned beef and cabbage. My first thought was yuck. I decided on an Irish Stew with Soda bread. I love a thick stew. Later I walked over to a friend's house. She happens to be Irish on both sides. I suggested getting together on the 17th (hoping she would make dessert, she makes lovely desserts). I casually mentioned that the thought of corned beef and cabbage makes me run for the nearest fast food restaurant. She was astounded. She was appalled. She stated that I have never before had her corned beef and cabbage. We then got out her Irish cook books and looked up desserts. Turns out the Irish like Trifle. We decided to just go ahead and make everything. After all, your only Irish once a year.
Anyone else have plans for St. Patrick's Day?

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Happy 21st Birthday, Dustin!!! and if you tell me you're not 21, I won't believe it.

Love from the Davis'
Terry and Craig