Friday, July 27, 2012

Let the Games Begin!

There has been a lot going on in our house over the past month. One of the more exciting events happened today when my girls, Eliora and Audrey, made the swim team! What a great day to celebrate since it coincides nicely with the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Olympic Games. Throughout the Olympics we like to try different countries food and tonight we are doing London.

The menu: (stuff to be eaten while being able to walk around - yeah, it resembles breakfast)

Crispy Bread with real butter
mini fried sausages
sharp cheese
Branston Pickles
tomato slices
scones with real cream
fruit salad (Sadie's idea with each fruit being the color of an olympic ring)

And for dessert:

Bramble Crumble and Custard (thanks Debbie!)
torch cupcakes

Pictures to come!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is such a fun idea...I am glad I am too late to feel any pressure to copy it because I don't think I could :)