Friday, March 11, 2011

Favorite Sibling

Today this is my favorite sibling. He is funny and smart and a good listener. He is good at empathy. He is good at making you laugh at yourself. He is nice when you wake him up from a nap to tell him you are bored. He deals with a lot and never really complains. He is always the life of the party. He lets my kids talk to him on the phone even when he can't really understand what they are saying. He lets them call him Uncle Bob.
We use to ditch classes together. We ate lunch together and had friends in common. He would take me out when a boyfriend dumped me. He was the one who made sure my husband showed up at the altar and had a Tylenol and a safety pin ready at my reception. These days he calls me on his way home from work and listens to all my petty woes while I cook dinner.
Happy birthday Dustin and thanks. You have always been there when I needed you.

4 comments:

M and W said...

You have cute kids. Happy Birthday Dustin and thanks for never letting my "I'm stupid" comment never die. ;) I hope you have a good one!

Becky said...

Dustin you and Tonia spend way too much time together (even if in differnt states). This year you requested her favorite Birthday cake instead of your favorite. I love the fact that my kids are each others best friends (and Ben you are one of my kids too). Happy Birthday Dustin, and know that we all love you, love what you stand for, and love that you are always there for us.
Mom

Tonia said...

I think I am going to request a carrot cake for my birthday this year....or maybe German chocolate. Cause you know he is requesting cream cheese frosting and strawberries just so he can call me and tell me how good it tastes!

Ani said...

I've always thought Dustin is pretty awesome. Happy Birthday!